What is it?
Over a series of seven evenings, starting on the 16th October, this course will help couples invest in their relationship and build a strong marriage.
"There’s no counselling, no airing of dirty linen in public, no group therapy – and it seems to work." - The Guardian Newspaper
View full article >
Nicky and Sila Lee, authors of The Marriage Book, developed The Marriage Course for couples looking for practical support to strengthen their relationship.
Who is it for?
For couples of all ages, whether recently married or having celebrated many anniversaries. The course offers tools and practical ideas to help you build a relationship that lasts a lifetime.
The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles but designed for all couples with or without a church background. All are welcome and invited to participate on the course.
What can you expect?
On The Marriage Course you are seated at your own table for two. Each course is unique, but usually every session will include: food, a practical talk and a time for private discussion between you and your partner.
You never share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner. Background music ensures that you can chat in complete privacy.
What the 7 sessions cover:
1. Building Strong Foundations - Learning to understand each other's needs
2. The Art of Communication - How to listen and communicate effectively
3. Resolving Conflict - Develop methods to resolve conflict and disagreements
4. The Power of Forgiveness- Learn how to apologise and forgive as a couple
5. The Impact of Family. Past and Present - Explore the impact of your family on your relationship
6. Good Sex - Find ways to develop greater sexual intimacy
7. Love in Action - Learn you partner's 'love language' and how to love them well.
- 16th October 2018
- 23rd October 2018
- 30th October 2018
- 6th November 2018
- 20th November 2018
- 27th November 2018
- 4th December 2018