We're going to be running the Marriage Course at King's in October. The course is a series of seven sessions, designed to help couples invest in their relationship and build a strong marriage.
Nicky and Sila Lee, authors of The Marriage Book, developed The Marriage Course for couples looking for practical support to strengthen their relationship.
Who is it for?
Some couples do the course to intentionally invest in their relationship, others are looking to address more specific challenges. Either way, the course offers essential tools and practical ideas to help you build a relationship that lasts a lifetime.
The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles but designed for all couples with or without a church background. All are welcome and invited to participate on the course.
What can you expect?
On The Marriage Course you are seated at your own table for two. Each course is unique, but usually every session will include: food, a practical talk and a time for private discussion between you and your partner.
You never share anything about your relationship with anyone other than your partner. Background music ensures that you can chat in complete privacy.
What the 7 sessions cover:
1. Building Strong Foundations - Learning to understand each other's needs
2. The Art of Communication - How to listen and communicate effectively
3. Resolving Conflict - Develop methods to resolve conflict and disagreements
4. The Power of Forgiveness- Learn how to apologise and forgive as a couple
5. The Impact of Family. Past and Present - Explore the impact of your family on your relationship
6. Good Sex - Find ways to develop greater sexual intimacy
7. Love in Action - Learn you partner's 'love language' and how to love them well.
Will photos and video be captured at this event?
We will be collecting this type of media at the event but we will endeavour to respect your privacy at all times. Please note that this media may be put on social media, on our website/app, in our electronic communication as well as our printed literature. If you would prefer not to be included in this media please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you for your understanding.